Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Friday, August 17, 2012

See me way or your way?


I have been on my journey with team at Geniekids on open communication and expressions, role of individual in a group or community (something we have not learnt in our childhood, jut we have been doing in our own way).

Well, just after the session I got a mail from Giri “Today u were missing from GP day :( I thought let u decide, but I think I should have expressed myself the need of faculty to be there”.

My first reaction was “I have been running between O-campus, doctors appointments. I was emotionally down with crisis in Aarohi community,………………down with my own health, I was suspecting heart attack coming to me (wild imaginations, cannot help)”. I had  to go for doctor appointment for my severe dental crisis hence it was fair on my part to be absent from the session” - See I have all the justification - do I sound justified for missing from GK day?

Inspite of my health I was present in Aarohi team meet and also team training, it is just that I was not part of GP day event. I even went up but just could not stand (imagination of heat attack) because I had not eaten (I miss my meals when I am mentally and emotionally down, and this lead to imaginations). - See I have all the peripheral things to prove my working intentions and my willingness to work and adjust:)

But me new Aditi looked at her intentions – "She was right, I should have been there. It just needed some adjustment with doctor inspite of many other factors”. It is not about attending or her expressing  - it is about ME - how do I look at various perspectives?

I am thankful to Giri to let me EXERCISE myself and feel good about me to be able to practice what I preach. I responded “my bad, should have been there, will be part of all events now onwards”. I had no other thoughts after I wrote this. 

I mean it – thanks Giri
Loving it.

My blogs are my stress reliever and bring some humour in my life when I look at it from different perspectives. So I like to write, I like to share and I like to smile. 

2 comments:

Subha Parthasarathy said...

My thoughts:
A expressed..not really sure if A expressed her needs clearly.What need of A would have been met if all faculty were there?
B had an unmet need but did not express her feelings or even the need. B expressed with the thought that she should have been there.. for me there is still an unmet need which was not expressed or the feelings.
My thought is that it is not just about how I look at various perspectives it is also about understanding each others needs (whether met or unmet needs)and communicating it to the other.
I see this as a puzzle with some pieces missing:-)
The objective of non violent communication is to create the quality of connection necessary for everyone's need to get met, not just getting people to do what we want. (Marshall Rosenberg)

Aarohi, Open Learning Community said...
This comment has been removed by the author.