Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Achieve nothing


I brought beads, paints, sticks, threads and wires for welcome. I also started doing with kids. All kids were busy making jewellery (they had results in head). I decided to explore beads in different ways – I began with exploration and ended up with a result in my hand.

I knew, I became desperate to produce something. I was anxious “stick should not break, something beautiful should come out, something which I can use now”.  As I realized, I laughed at myself and broke what  made and began with exploration. Kids who were also unconsciously watching my creation were surprised “you broke!!!”

I experienced myself.
 
The following is from this post http://www.dailygood.org/story/473/8-fearless-questions-margaret-wheatley/
 
 I think some of the prison bars that we have constructed for ourselves are our fear of losing our jobs. Our fear of not being liked.
"Do not depend on the hope of results. You may have to face the fact that your work will be apparently worthless and even achieve no result at all, if not, perhaps, results opposite to what you expect.

"As you get used to this idea of your work achieving nothing, you start more and more to concentrate not on the results but on the value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself. And there, too, a great deal has to be gone through, as, gradually, you struggle less and less for an idea and more and more for specific people. The range tends to narrow down, but it gets much more real. In the end, it is the reality of personal relationships that saves everything."

What would it feel like to find our fearlessness with each other? For those relationships to be enough? For us to feel we would have made a significant contribution, and led a good life, just because we cared for, loved, consoled a few people? This is quite a frightening thought; to shift from saving the world to loving a few people? Doesn't seem like that will do it, does it?

Read more http://www.dailygood.org/story/473/8-fearless-questions-margaret-wheatley/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like! !

I think the thought 'achieve nothing' is very liberating. Personally i feel that whenever i do something irrespective of the result...I do a much better job of it.