Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thank God I have two slip disc

Hi all
My latest MRI scan shows two slip disc and condition of cervical spondolosis.

My acupressure Doctor of spine will give me two weeks systematic treatment and thereafter maintenance from my side. So I need two weeks vanvas in Bangalore - morning 2hrs and eve 2 hrs.

  • O-campus - I propose to have session in GK for two weeks - I can take my session along with Namrata
  • Construction - will need help of Prakash, Vishal and Rat to follow up for roof - once the roof is done we can take break and by the time my Vanvas will also get over.
Please do not ask me to slow down my work - my work is not responsible for my condition.  - Have faith and trust in me that I want better health and I am working on it. I may not work the way you would like me to work, or the way all my well-wishers look at me that I take care of health or not - well, this is similar to the conventional struggle between parent & child.

My doc is very pleasantly surprised me walking with two slip dics. He asked me with surprise "how did you manage all this". Well, you can look at it positively that I am determined, positive, capable or you can also look at it that I am ignoring my health. Yoga, meditation and strong desire to work is the my key to walk with two slip disc :-).

Conventionally it is very common to ask the patient to slow down and anlayze what causes this deterioration - I have experienecd when Asa had Jaundice and as a parent I did not ask her a single time to take care of her - just because I had FULL faith in her that she WANTS and CAPABLE to take care of herself. Intersrtingly the whole experience of Jaundice has opened up a lot of new chapters in our life to know body and diseases - so it was a memorable experience for me as a mother and I relished every moment, including Asa's struggle. My source of learning is Asawari..................................I have started looking at diseases in different perspective - even a fever or cold used to give me nightmare but Asa's jaundice has changed my perspective to look at diseases.

So finally I look at it as a good news that my spine needs my attention. I have been reading "I can heal my life" and I am on my journey to know myself - and the discovery is very relieving. I am thankful to my spine for allowing me to know myself.  I am excited - I am internally happy with this twist in my life and I am looking forward to this journey. Few years back Arthirits opened up Naturopathy and Yoga in my life and I am enriched with the benefits of both.

What you might have understood based on above may lead to some of you deciding not to say anything to me, while you would like to say. Or this will leave you confused "what I want?" Irrespective of what I have written - if you have the need or you think internally that you need to tell me to slow down, or tell me that I should not do work etc etc - go ahead and do that. It is better to speak than keeping in mind what you think/ feel about a situation. One way is to talk to others about me or other way is to talk to me and share what you think, and also try to understand why and how I think about this.

Well, I can talk about this in detail if you wish - for academic understanding of a child. For me everything leads to introspection of me as an adult and trying to understand child's perspective. So this is the reason why I am writing this email to you. Just to share and use this to develop my own understanding.

Thank you all for being with me and becoming a thought board for me :---)

Love and Hugs
Aditi

3 comments:

vidyasbottledwishes said...

Take care aditi, totally admire your strength to see through this in your own way. As for me, i have noticed that a good rest is what i need to bounce back from illnesses. incidentally, i am reading a book called the magic and see positive changes in my life regarding health and other things. I suppose we each draw our strength and inspirations from various sources and when it works it works, and when it doesn't, it teaches you some verrrrrryyy nice lessons:)

Unknown said...

When i first read yr statement..it reminded me of another real life incident. A lady lost her husband and 2 of her 3 children in a bad road accident. When she recovered from her own multiple operations and enquired about her family, the doctors told her the truth. Her next statment surprised all and is one I can never forget. She said " Thank God my one child is alive!"

Personally I think it takes a lot to be able to say such words....it expresses a lot more and so I fully agree with Shivani...if u think u can ...then YOU CAN!!

All d best and take care!!

Aarohi, Open Learning Community said...

Love you V for your care.
Thanks Shivani and Akeela for your confidence.

V I donot know what is that nice lesson? For me all lessons are learning lessons.

For me the whole experience is about understanding the child and adults.
more in my next blog