Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Smile thru the pain


Today my dance teacher told me “when you do Sadhana, you smile thru the pain, You do not only smile when you go on to the stage and smile for audience, you smile because you have learnt to enjoy thru the pain, you smile when you practice, you enjoy when you are in pain. And then this becomes a life skill for you to be able to smile thru the pain”.

Today we went to indo-German exhibition. We lost our way, we were hungry, the exhibition was disappointment for kids,  kids did not get balloon, icecream……..we did not know our way back, we did not get food of our choice, we got terribly late to reach back home………….”.

One child said “I am never going to go for such exhibitions”. Another said “its was good, we will get used of such situations, anyway you do not get what you want all the time, we should go more…….we had fun”.

I have seen kids fighting and smiling next moment
I have seen kids crying and smiling next moment
I have seen kids getting disappointed and excited next moment

What happens as they grow up?
Where does this skill of “smile thru the pain” diminish?

1 comment:

Aditi and Ratnesh said...

I think our insistence of doing it right, of creating results - takes the joy out of pain, failure.