Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Set me right or me set you right?

One of my friend who wanted to become a farmer shared this.
I thought I will bring changes, I know “All”, I am techy so I will bring revolution in village- they need my expertise. I have lot to give them and they need a lot from me”.
As he travelled his journey with villagers he realized that they do not need him or his expertise or …………..”their systems are set, they are as thoughtful as my technology is”.

He realized for him to bring HIM or his experience of technology he needs to understand THEM……………. Well he started learning milking the cow, what to grow when and how with them form them.

I took sabbatical for two years from Geniekids when Dhup was small –during that period Gk went thru financial crisis, and lots of ups and downs……………all evening walks with rat used to be on “what to do and how to do”.

Everything looked substandard to me……the centre set up, facilitation, designs, detailing, parent interaction, communication, efforts, commitments, planning……………. Well I joined back …….and joined with the frame of mind “I will set it right”.

So I began with "setting it right" and realized I need to first respect what is happening already, understand how it is happening and if require create value with my strengths.  Looking back it was not about substandard, it was about their journey which was evolving.

During the period while I realize I remember Girija and Rat coming back and asking “so this is what you are saying, so this is how we can do?..................... I thought I will set them right………....they set me right with their patience, listening, acceptance and humbleness.

5 comments:

shivani and amable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shivani and amable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This reminds of a phrase...hum Nikle duniya ko badalne ...something something ...and then khud hi badal Gaye!
But it takes lots to accept that you have changed, when you had intended to change others. So 3 cheers!!

Mohit Mehrotra said...

Well, I do think Aditithat GK has had a very strong core due to the relentless work the tem has done. What I saw as an outsider, was that the packaging, crispness could be worked on. Recent new communication seem to have been blessed with fresh energy and the brand GK (now Amable!) is now looking more spirited. Kudos to the entire team old and young for the rejuvenation

Aditi and Ratnesh said...

To me when you came with lets do it this way and not the old way that itself was fresh energy. I never saw it as a criticism of how it was being done, rather a blessing that you want to make it better. So thank you for your fierce thinking and strong commitment.
Same feeling continues with New ULLUs joining the Army ;-). Each with their own zest and depth.
So i say i am blessed with so many people to learn from.