Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tool ?

Last week in training circle we had session on “tools”
We all spoke about the topic for 5 minutes and we grilled for 5 minutes by the audience.
Few points
What is effectiveness of tools?
Are tool meant to correct behaviour?
Do tools need to be tactile?
What is diff in tool and an activity
If tools are the way to correct behaviour – why adults are not using it?
……….the session was enriching…….left us with many thought provoking thoughts , we did not conclude the session with any thought…………..we only left thinking.
Next day in Aarohi, at O-campus introduced a process tool in the session last week
All get 3 tokens to scream, not listen to other”
Every time you speak/ respond gently, or listen to others – you earn one token
Every time to scream, not listen and ignore – you loose one token.
You decide when you loose and when you earn
Others can appeal if they think you loose one token, but final decision is yours
You keep track of your tokens
Kids used it
Kids earned, they lost and immediately earned
Kids spoke gently purposefully and earned 9 token sin 2 min (they informed, I spoke purposefully)
Kids kept record and any time no one was in negative counting – no one checked who has how many or how is one doing accounting
At the end of the day “kids were screaming”
After appeal of token they were speaking softly and again speak…….
By the end of the day I WAS SPEAKING GENTLY :)
I spoke thru out the day gently
I was aware of how I was speaking
I am still aware
It worked on me :)
I realise there is beauty in speaking gently and still convey the same message
So what is tool?
Did I want to correct the behaviour of class – then it did not serve the purpose, kids were still screaming
Did I introduce for me?
Kids were no so called honest – any time they had some token………they did not keep track of how many lost………not fair follow up of the counting…………..did this tool raised another issue of honesty?
Kids were happily loosing and earning tokens – so you may ask “what’s the use of this?”.
Will I all my life speak gently?
Will I all my life need the tool to speak gently?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm as a faculty in the class I know what it did to the group and me - I am not sharing that with you………..leaving you with your own exploration of “yeh tool kya hai and yeh kyon hai”.
We will continue the tool next week too.

No comments: