Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Training - Self growth - my reflction - 5th oct

I am starting a feedback/ reflection for the training. I have blogged my thoughts
 
Here is my part of the story
I have been having this conversation with Rat at home “listen and understand to me before you give your perspective”. I was personally getting frustrated every time he was responding to others without listening (it is purely my thought)  - I was feeling as he was not listening to me and I was building the feeling of frustration inside me. By the end of the session I suffocated with my own frustration:).

I was reflecting and connected with what Shilpi was talking about “denial”. Initially I denied that “I should not feel like that – this is not personal meeting”. But I could not stop my feelings and the struggle led to me behaving rudely by the end of the meeting with him.

Thank you Rat and Shilpi to bringing this point “denial”.  I think If I would have accepted my feelings, I would have felt better and be with me and not itch to take out that feeling.

Well, the first thing after the meeting I did was to pour out to Rat and felt better:). Next time just pause and ask me in the training “how am I feeling about Rat? :)

New things which I learnt in the training today
  • Spectrum of feelings – analogue and digital – I am more conscious how does this happen?
  • Denial and behaviour
  • Awareness of feeling and acceptance
  • For myself – I need to know what belief about others stops me to ask other what is their feeling. I know, I can relate but I hesitate to verbalize the feelings. Is it to do with my people intelligence? I have come from my journey when I used  to feel uncomfortable  to talk to any new person to now I feel comfortable surrounded with in any stranger place. 
Work on My objective – I came today with the thought that today I want to understand other point of view by keeping all my previous thoughts / knowledge about the topic aside. I wanted to listen to others – I think I was able to do that except Rat (uske saath alag kahani hai – it will settle sooner or later). Feedback team has to give me feedback :)

No comments: