Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

How to Work With Someone You Don't Like

A part of the article below
And being compassionate with yourself is the key to being compassionate with others. Before you know it, you’ll actually begin to like people you never liked before. Maybe you’ll even feel like helping them run those meeting more productively.

My thoughts – Its impossible unless you change or be aware of your beliefs-:. In my journey with people – I used to be “I don’t like and I cannot work with that person or that kind of work (like accounts)”.

As I travelled my journey – I find myself “liking everyone around me”.  Its not that I approve of everyone or the work around me but I donot dislike anyone or work. Ratnesh have been “fine with everyone”. This itself was a positive environment around me - unconsciously looking for gold in his attitude helped.

Being aware of myself has made a lot of difference – I have not necessarily changed all the beliefs :)
Ah! Acceptance has been a BIG bonus for me.
And how do I accept? – By becoming aware of my beliefs and changing them if require. :)

Read the article below

How to Work With Someone You Don't Like

How do you work with someone you don't like? The old adage, "grin and bear it", is almost impossible to do. In this article Peter Bregman describes an alternative strategy that is centred on self-reflection, self-awareness, and compassion... ultimately transforming dislike to like. { read more }

Be The Change

In your next encounter working with someone you have challenges with, pause and consider experimenting with the exercise outlined in the article.

No comments: