Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Think for self


I got a mail “practice as often as possible and not occasionally. Regularity in classes ensure growth as envisaged by us as an organisation”……… …hmm I read and this made me think

What is growth?
Am I learning for someone else’s growth?
Am I learning for growth envisaged by someone else ?

I read in an article “kids have become parents’ pet project”.

And oh god! to support that pet project we get enough media screaming “give us your child we will make him better, make your child super achiever………..the list is long”.

Well, some of us like you and me cannot stop these marketing gimmicks – what all we can do is EMPOWER the child who is able to stand for herself in the midst of all this rat race.

In Satmave Jayte Aamir Khan emphasizes "Parents are responsible for child's sexual safety". We go one step ahead - lets empower children to be responsible for their sexual safety (knowing that we cannot be present with children all the time).

So in learning too we go ahead and constantly work on “empowering”.

Many times parents come and ask me “I will not demand from my child to do things for performance or get good marks but the schools/ teacher/ others demand” And I say repeatedly “its good news that others demand, empower your child to THINK and able to SCREEN and still learn what child wants to learn. 

We are not asking the whole world to change the way we think or look at the learning the way we look - that will be too mean :)............what I see way ahead is “EMPOWER” ability to THINK for self.

1 comment:

Sam said...

A very in-depth write-up, parents have to understand their children and take apt decisions, competing with other children is not going to help the child's overall growth, empowering the child into self-engaging is the need of the hour.