Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Clear Goal

I was amazed with the energy and devotion children showed in Kathak and Choreography performance. One can debate that they have external goal “performance”. But I saw the same entu and energy even when they were not doing for audience and just were learning.

Asa said she is performing to get the experience on the stage while Dhup said “I am doing, because there are 150 audiences, at GK only faculty is there to see me in sunshine”. Dhup had clear goal to join choreography class - “perform on the stage”. I am in awe with kids capability to work, learn and enjoy when they have clear goal.

In Aarohi we have been talking about "How will kids will cope up with real life which is full of competition, comparison, punishment, threats, ....................................".

Recently kids worked on a dance performance - they were exposed to another organisation and people from outside GK/ Aarohi. It was not Aaorhi event, by chance all the kids were of Aarohi :)

They faced all kinds of environment to achieve their goal – vigour, threats, punishments, bribe, comparison……… ”. Yet, kids enjoyed and worked with commitment for the show, they were confident on the stage and not fearful of anything, they stood to the vigour, the commitment and the environment.

I wanted to run away from the environment. I stood to the real lief environment of threats, punishments, bribe, comparison, ……… ” with kids as they inspired me to face the real life.

I am happy I traveled my journey with them.

And I also learnt that

  1. Kids learn when I give them bribe, threaten, punish, scream, scold, or put external reasons like exams, audience, chocolate and appreciation from others etc.
  2. Kids learn even If I do not do any of the above and let them stay with themselves – treat them as equal, respect them as equals.
  3. Kids get motivated when I give them bribe “do well, so all will clap for you, drink the milk so you be the first and good boy”.
  4. Kids get motivated even If I do not bribe them and if I let them stay with FAIR – fun, aim, involvement and self rewards.

At the end my thought - What do I gain in various ways I work with the child. What is my role?

No comments: