Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Different faces of Competition

Dhup’s dream school is play school “In each class we make games and play and write about that game”. I asked no TV “he said with a grin, then how we will learn?” I questioned “you do not learn from TV?” He said “yeh we can TV in word module and we see the words, hear the words and write”. Many remote with one TV. We continued “in school should be a CD making shop. We make movie, put voice in it and make CD and see. I can put a shop “all repair master” I will have some cards so people can call me. I want to earn money; I can learn to become shopkeeper in the school, I need to learn maths to count money”. School should be 9 to 6pm – after 4 pm free play.

He said but if you make this school it will be your idea, everyone will say “aditi gave good idea”.

  1. When a child is having competitive feeling - I say it is natural, I smile, I do not interfere
  2. When an adult comes and tell me - you are my competitor, I smile and say for me you are not.
  3. When a teacher or an adult tell a child "let us see who does better" - I have problem.

I am trying to understand why do I have problem?

Inspite of his comments, he continued to share his thoughts on his school with me. He did not mention "do not tell others or do not copy my idea". He continued to build his dream. with me. I call it natural

When a teacher uses competition to get the word done - the teacher is creating an environment of competition. And for me this is artificial. Teacher is using their feeling of competition to get work done (even if it is motivation- If kids in my class are motivated, it is my gain). Feeling of jealousy was natural for Kaikai, Mandira used that feeling to fire other means to create history :).

One of the role of teacher is to create ENVIRONMENT. How does one create the environment - (another blog) -:)

(here for I referring teacher as parent, faculty , all who have some knowledge and sharing or teaching others)

No comments: