Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Loosing purse was good :)


Loosing purse can be a learning experience.

Today I lost my purse – Both the kids were with me. Our Maosn was waiting on the road to be picked up, he had lost his way. Pramod waiting for us  at Yoganand’s office discuss structure plan of O-campus unit.

I had all the ingredients to be hassled, frustrated, loose patience, even cry, look for sympathy – I decided to RELAX and decided to finish the work and then go for FIR. Kids were initially worried, soon they talked, explored and settled.

It was a very insecure feeling to move around without a single rupee in the pocket. Well, we finished all our meetings and then went to police station to lodge FIR. First we reached traffic police and then real police as dhup described.

At police station, first thing we were asked t o do was “write an application”. Hmmmmmm  - I did it, and was asked three times to add more details.

We also saw lock up and 4 people inside it. Two were just beaten up and were without clothes, other two looked very tensed. The relatives were moving around. It was not a good feeling to be there – dhup expressed “ I am feeling scared to come to police station” Me too shared “it is not a good feeling, we have certain image of police station”. AT the end we came out smiling as we come out of any office or shop after we finish our work.

Dhup wanted to go for shopping and tell the shopkeepers that we will pay you next Sunday.  I did not venture, I was tired with terrible headache and no food, no money to have coffee. We came back home with zero money –  Asa expressed “you handled coolly, seeing you I too was relaxed, else I would have got tensed”.

The overall experience generated various feelings inside me.  
When I lost purse I was thinking “Oh I wish I was more careful”
When I had to handle any things at time, I told myself “relax”
At the police station I was curious
At the end I was happy

Happy –I was happy to be aware of  myself throughput the experience. I was happy that my kids got real life exposure of police station. I was happy that I landed up in this situation - most of time I am in my comfort zone, very rarely face such difficult situations. I was happy that we all together managed the situation and came with or own learnings.

3 comments:

vidyasbottledwishes said...

I needed to read this. My laundry lost my t shirt and i am in a real tizzy over it. i cant recall details or the tee - brand or color. by mistake i got someone's pant instead and i am refusing it to give it over till i get back my tee - thinking more on the lines that if i hold something of theirs maybe the laundry will put in more effort to locate my tee, leading to a huge war of words on this issue.

Reading the story made me feel i should just RELAX and look at other ways to solve the problem. Besides its just a t shirt!!:)

Mango said...

Loved the post...and the comment too :) holding clothes hostage :) my mind too works like that sometimes ...

Unknown said...

Hats off Aditi....I often find myself in such...or similar situations/ My mind tells me to relax, sometimes I listen to my mind & feel good at the end. Sometimes I don't & end up feeling terrible...knowing that if I had relaxed I would have fely better.