Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Protecting

My little daughter is 13yrs old now and I am still protecting or want to protect her.

She has been showing confidence in travelling alone in bus for past one year.

I am postponing - Not wanting her to get exposed to any discomfort thinking “choti hai abhi, will she be able to take any bully in bus?”.

Today she again showed comfort to travel by bus alone to Geniekids for her theatre sessions.

I shared with her “I have been postponing, I was avoiding and protecting”.

As we shared our thoughts more I realized “I am not ready, she is”.

She will travel by bus alone from Wednesday --:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just have to share this!....my 10 year old son has been insisting persistantly, that he can take an auto and come home from his cricket class. ( Ulsoor to Cunningham rd.) He was confident, I was not. He has travelled with his elder cousin but never alone. For about 2-3 weeks, I kept postponing. Everyday before leaving for class there was a clash..me saying no, he saying please, please.Then a few days back, I said yes. I don't know what made me do it, but I did give him permission to come in auto alone. Till he came, I had my heart in my mouth. But he was sooooo thrilled. He enjoyed the independance throughly. The next day when I told him that there will be someone there to pick him after class, he did not resist. Accepted it easily On reflection, iI realised that all he was craving for was that boost of self esteem, coming from the fact that he could travel alone if he chose to. And i realised how much i need to let go!

Aarohi, Open Learning Community said...

She went today all alone. She knew I had my own internal doubt (on myself) - she accepted
me with my doubts.

She did not comfort me "don't worry"
She only shared her plan "I will take auto today since I am not comfortable with the area, tom I will go by bus".

I offered my mobile, if she needed.
She said "she doe snot need"
She went without mobile.
She called me once she reached (I did not ask for it).

My lill daughter is growing