Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Support circle

Yesterday, we watched movie “I am” with Asa. The movie has various topics which you may not be able to talk otherwise – the movie gives kick start to initiate the conversation in the house about child abuse, sperm donation of unknown man, gay, abuse of gay…………..

Today we talked about child abuse in house. We took the example of

  1. Bribe “if someone tells you I will give you chocolate, you do not tell your mummy”
  2. Threat – Do not tell your mummy, else I will tell him that you eat chocolate, or your mummy will scold you
  3. You liking – You may like the act, You may also like to touch others body parts – what is expected behaviour for your body

At the end we talked about “so when you want to share, you may not be able to share all with us (ma-pa), who else you would like to share”

Initially kids were “only you, no one else”.

I insisted “its good to have a friend, other adults with whom you can talk and share”.

Dhup – Girija aunty

Asa – All the aunty in Aarohi I am comfortable, they understand. One more friend she selected to talk.

Thank you auntiessssssssssssssss for your trust and relationship with kids.

No comments: