Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Report from our TV room.

Last year in summer we had constraint “TV one hour”

This year in summer we have constraint “one hour new doing and rest is open, including TV watch”

Dhup is having non-stop TV since school got closed.

  • I am trying to train my ears to CLOSE for TV noise (for me anything on TV is noise).
  • I guess in home, I had maximum problem with TV noise. I am at peace with my new hearing sense.
  • I only remind him of the one hour of doing new things.

Few more constraints – meals should not suffer, take care of place, other routines take care etc. He had his choreography performance in between and he managed to reach in time (7 in the morning), did all preparation by self and reached everyday for the practice – nothing suffered due to TV.

Last year we tried with TV constraint, but more we had constraint, more he wanted to see TV

So this time we are trying with no constraint of time - Let us see age gae kya hota hai.

We had this for chocolate - we have unlimited access of chocolates at home – after initial excitement we have settled with need/ desire based chocolate. Only constraint still is “meals should not suffer”.

So whenever we have any issue like him not eating food, not taking care of the time or place etc – we talk about “take care of feed, meal time, what is expected behaviour etc. No talks on because you watch TV, you are not eating etc.” For me desire to watch TV is different and not getting ready for something is time is different – so not mixing up two things.

No comments: