Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Two face or learning path

In my earlier days I used to expect that the faculty at Geniekids should be genuine and behave same as they are expected to behave inside the session - my belief “we work with kids, how can we have two faces?”

My changed belief “all are learning with kids, we are not perfect, hence each one operates with different perspective in different situations” – At Geniekids one will not scold/scream/punish a child (options not available), at home one may scold child (option available) - each one in both the situations learning and reflecting”.

Why one do not scream or punish the child at Geniekids? “see value in certain approach”
Why one scold/ punish/ child at home? “still learning to understand ourselves”.

My own reflection at home
I used to scold my kids, I used to scream at them,
I have slapped Dhup 2-3 times, do not remember with asa anytime
But I also know 100’s of times when I have not done and explored many other different ways.
My learning journey tell me How I have travelled - with continuous efforts, I do not need to scream at them anymore, I am able to be gently firm with them with persistence, clear expectations, changing beliefs, understanding them and using lots of humor (not my original strength). I am still travelling............................

So the thought was “two faced” earlier, now it is “learning path”. Two face thought was negative and all my actions were based on that, learning path is positive thought for me and my behaviour is more accepting. Faculty is same, situations are similar - My beliefs are different, me is different.

Consider what Carl Rogers has to say, “In my early professional years I was asking the question: How can I treat, or cure, or change this person? Now I would phrase the question in this way: How can I provide a relationship which this person may use for his own personal growth?”

One parent questioned “how do you expect one to change just because they do some training” How do you ensure your faculty talk and think and behave the same, as you think”.

Earlier I used to not accept, now I look at it learning journey. The earlier approach was stressful for me as that had desire to be fulfilled by others, the later is peaceful as this depends on me to be able to accept and respect people.

My changed belief “its a learning journey”. This changed belief makes me accept all as they are.

1 comment:

shivani and amable said...

As a learning faculty, initially I used to be very conscious of what I'm saying and how I'm interacting with children, to the point that it became streeful for me, more like a programmed language. At one stage i started questioning, is it all about merely my verbal interactions or about my intentions, how much acceptance do i truely have,have a long way to go. Definetly I'm more aware of myself now, but lots more to work on...