Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Monday, April 9, 2012

compete or co-operate

My school days in dance and other cultural programme

  • The best used to be in the centre (I have enjoyed that position many times).
  • There was inbuilt sense of who is better L (I have experienced the lime light, I was pride of my parents and teachers).

In my recent dance programme - there was no centre, there was no best. All the participants did their best. The environment was of mix and match – kids/ adults were paired up in various combination. There was a little element of who is better – but it was negligible, hence had no major impact on me. Overall I loved this.

I had no feeling of best – I did my best. I learnt from others, I enjoyed. All participants had their own space to try, practice, think and be a team member. I enjoyed the space given to me to learn as per my best. I was at peace with my own abilities.

I accepted all my team members and enjoyed each performance. My perfect eyes were not looking for perfection, I looked at skills of each member at different levels - that was perfection for me :)

I see no major benefit of creating competitive environment.
I see a whole lot of holistic benefits of co-operative environments.

I have experienced both.

No comments: