Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Monday, April 2, 2012

On leanring - my journey

Asa was exposed to swimming since she was 1 and ½ years old. She finally learnt to swim while she was 12 yrs old. All thru the journey she enjoyed water, swimming, trying………………and got some techniques to learn from us (me and rat both swim decently) as and when she wanted. Dhup still splashes in the pool.

While I wanted to learn about children/ parenting/ learning I found many many resources to learn - people, books, google, peers, workshop – I learnt thru experience, sharing and exploring. I learnt a lot by interacting and sharing with other educators. I attended workshops and still attend workshops and learn from others. Books and real life experience (with kids, trainers and parents) are my major source of learning in this field.

So when a child wants to learn swimming or maths – child can decide HOW child wants to learn - you, me, books, peers, activities, exploring, experiencing, or by people directly. I take help of people as resource. The need is mine, the goal is mine – I learn in various ways and all ways are welcome in life learning.

When a child wants to learn about astronomy I can bring in many resources to explore – there are people who are ready to just share and give exposure to any learner – I have not found such openness in performing arts.

I have learnt bird watching, photography, sketching, computers, web content development, language of English, cooking, baking, painting, embroidery, knitting, swimming, car driving, tennis, stitching, publishing, ………….. Ratnesh have bigger list……..all by sharing, books, watching, trying, interacting and being with people who knows about it. I have also learnt the skills of yoga, counselling, play back theatre, jive and scuba diving in structured courses. There are things like singing and guitar which I started but left and did not learn. I started learning Kathak twice and left, again started 3 months back. So I learn in many different ways.

I learn because I like learning, I think I can learn, I think have the hang of that skill. I leave learning because I think I cannot learn or not my strength (singing and guitar).

No comments: