Hugs and Happiness

Happy to interact with you - I enjoy dialogues, challenging my thoughts or just sharing my thoughts.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kids our pride

Few years back when Asa was in conventional system, somewhere at the back of mind me and Ratnesh both had the desire “our daughter” and achievement. If got A grade, then why not A+, If did well in dance then why not in sports. If selected for story telling, why not in science exhibition……….the list was long. Her achievements were our pride. Visibly we never pushed her or compared her with others but had desire :)

In last 3 years with home schooling and Aarohi where we have started travelling the journey of process, the products have become just part of it. Last week Asa and Dhup performed on stage – earlier me would have been most delighted with “my daughter and son” on stage, but now me was just watching performance as an audience and enjoyed. Their performance was and is no more our pride – we just enjoyed.

At home we talked about the experience, learning, efforts, team work, stage presence, feelings, different perspective of audience and performer…………….

The worry of FUTURE has disappeared – and this has given a lot of relief to Asa – she is at peace. She says “I am able to enjoy my today”.

No comments: